A little bit of positivity goes a long way! Here’s a list of 17 important things you should DO in order to boost or achieve H3ART and Happiness! 🙂
- K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid!! Or Sweetie!! Depending on who you’re talking to ^.~) In the words of my favorite High School teacher – Mr. C, and my husband – Billy. But also, KISS often. I don’t mean the goober kisses either, I mean the sweet and sincere, “I Love You,” Kiss 🙂
- Combat your inner couch potato. Living a sedentary lifestyle does not lead to achievement or success. In fact, it is often disappointing as it can lead to health problems, and add to the fact that you’re letting your life pass you by and not accomplishing things you might like to accomplish, and not making the most of your self can be both a solemn and saddening realization that can easily lead to depression. Little steps will get you there. So if you’re feeling overwhelmed, start slow.
- Drink Water. Staying hydrated is very important to your health, and naturally you feel better when you’re properly hydrated. Quality of life is also important, which leads me to my next point.
- Eat Healthy. We know that eating a healthy Mediterranean diet tastes good and is good for our body. Eating healthy will make you FEEL good and LOOK good. Treating your “ride” correctly will prolong it’s “newness” and minimize the visits it has to go into the shop. Use your common sense here.
- Learn something new on a daily basis. Learning things expands your mind and keeps it sharp. That’s simple, right? 🙂
- Don’t be afraid to fall in love. But know the signs of a bad relationship and don’t waste your time (or anyone else’s) when you know it’s not meant to be. Wanting things to work out and things ACTUALLY working out, is not the same thing.
- Never leave the house without your confidence. Be who you are and make no apologies. Being true to yourself will not only boost your confidence but will keep you happy because people like those who like themselves! Let your light shine!
- Keep up your appearance. We all grow old, but there’s something about a person who has taken care of themselves over the years. Their smile is bright and their eyes, warm.
- Buy a good pair of shoes. SPLURGE. If you’re anything like me, a good pair of shoes can change EVERYTHING! A good pair of shoes can help boost confidence, too, if they are the right pair! They will also help you stand tall and getting a good fit to keep your feet nimble and strong is even better 🙂
- Don’t allow anyone to step on you or put you down. Ignore them. What makes them so special? You are loved, and deserve to be treated with respect. Don’t waste your time around people who only bring you down. Run away from people like that. You don’t need negative people trying to bring you down to their level. Life is hard enough without having to deal with those kind of people. Instead, surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you!
- Live A Positive Life. Always try to see the positive things in life. It is so much more rewarding when you see the rainbow in the rain… and can dance in the storm without a fear of getting wet. Positivity beget’s happiness, that’s what I always say 🙂 And a quote: “When I think positively, I feel positive. When I think confidently, I feel alive with confidence. How you think directly affects how you feel. Change your thinking and you can change your life!”
- Remember you can’t please everyone! So do whatever makes YOU HAPPY! And that’s what will make it worth it!!!! 🙂
- Make time for your Hobbies/Interests. They are what make you, you! Channeling into the things you love to do is not only healthy but rewarding. For me, my hobbies help me find my zen and I feel so at ease. This is why it’s not only good to remember but to actually make time to do the things you love to do.
- Spend time with the ones you love. Don’t take them for granted. You never know when it will be the last time you see each other so make the most of it. If it’s your family, remember you won’t always all live together, either. So cherish these moments and make memories together.
- Take lots of pictures!! Pictures are perfect for capturing moments in time. I love taking pictures because that’s how I remember things. Pictures are very important and we are very lucky to have easy access to camera’s these day’s. I look at a picture of an event or situation that happened and the flood gates of memories drops open.
- Keep things organized. Keeping things clean and organized leads to less stress. Things are easier to find, and it is easier to live. My fortune cookie once told me “Very little is needed to live a happy life!” And I think this is so true!
- Follow Your H3ART but be SMART about it -Follow Your Gut instinct! Don’t second guess yourself. If you want something, go after it! Don’t be afraid to be honest with yourself or those you love. If something is bothering you or you don’t like something, it’s easy enough to move on. This goes for people/interests/careers/etc. You live and you learn. But you Follow Your Passions because that’s where your H3ART is at. 🙂
So tell me, what’s on Your list??